Because testosterone affects so many organs and tissues, low levels are associated with many signs and symptoms throughout the body.
Symptoms you may experience but cannot be adequately measured include:
- Irritability or unexplained negative mood
- Loss of motivation
- Anxiety or increased pessimism
- Increased fatigue, low energy or diminished sense of well-being
- Difﬁculty concentrating, lack of focus, forgetfulness and loss of memory
- Feeling that you have lost your edge or passed your peak
- Insomnia or poor sleep
- Joint pain
- Lacking desire (low libido) or pleasure in sex
- Decreased ability to perform sexually
- Erections that are less strong
None of these signs or symptoms are specific to testosterone deﬁciency and many are hard to differentiate from normal aging. Our role is to evaluate any signs or symptoms of low testosterone, and then to see how they correlate with your hormone levels.